SMEs Growing in Europe [01/02/2023- 31/01/2027]
The Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs (EYE) programme, which is supported locally by Malta Enterprise, is a business exchange programme which helps both new and experienced entrepreneurs to scale up. Since 2009, EYE has helped entrepreneurs from all over Europe to exchange knowledge and expertise, and to expand their business and their professional network.
This EU funded cross-border exchange programme gives the chance to new entrepreneurs to shadow an experienced entrepreneur willing to help them take the plunge and teach them the ropes of running a successful and fruitful business. Young entrepreneurs can gain innovative professional knowledge and skills whilst improving their entrepreneurial competences. New entrepreneurs participating in the programme benefit from a monthly fund to assist with travel and accommodation costs. New Entrepreneurs may also choose to go beyond the borders of Europe to collaborate with an entrepreneur established in one of EYE’s six destinations (Canada, Israel, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan and USA) for a period of one to three months. On the flip side, host entrepreneurs benefit from new insights, experiences and languages that would help enrich their work and outlook. Experienced entrepreneurs can be inspired to find innovative solutions for their company and widen their networking opportunities. Host entrepreneurs participating in the programme, do not have any financial outlay.
The exchanges are carried out through the "SMEs Growing in Europe" project, led by Malta Enterprise and with the collaboration of 10 international partners:
– Cambra de Comerc de Girona [ Spain] - https://www.cambragirona.cat/
– Eduforma SRL (Italy) - https://www.eduforma.it/
– Danis Foundation (Romania) - https://fundatiadanis.ro/
– Wyższa Szkoła Ekonomii i Innowacji w Lublinie (Poland) - https://www.wsei.lublin.pl/
– Smart Umbrella Management Solutions EE . (Greece) - https://www.smartumbrella.eu/en/
– Amadeus Verein fur Transnationale Bildung (Austria) - https://amadeus.or.at/
– Business Confederation of Macedonia (FYROM) - https://bcm.mk/
– Quarter Mediation (Netherlands) - https://www.quartermediation.eu/home/
– Imerir (France) - https://www.imerir.com/
– Mersin Teknopark (Turkey) - http://www.technoscope.com.tr
Who can participate?
As a host entrepreneur you can participate in the programme, through Malta Enterprise, if:
- You are a permanent resident in Malta and your company is registered here;
- You are the owner-manager of a small or medium enterprise OR a person directly involved in entrepreneurship at SME board level (not employee);
- You have been running a company as an entrepreneur (not employee) for more than 3 years;
- You are willing to share your knowledge and experience with a new entrepreneur and act as a mentor.
As a new entrepreneur you can participate in the programme, through Malta Enterprise, if:
- You are firmly planning to start a business, based on a viable business plan; OR
- You have less than 3 years of total entrepreneurial experience;
- Be a permanent resident in one of the Participating Countries;
- Have a concrete project or business idea, reflected in a business plan;
- Be motivated and committed to collaborate during your stay with an experienced entrepreneur from another Participating Country; be prepared to contribute to the development of the host entrepreneur's business and make your skills and competences available;
The general objective of this programme is to enhance entrepreneurship, develop the competitiveness of European SMEs and foster potential entrepreneurs and newly-established micro and small enterprises in the Participating Countries. It gives the opportunity to entrepreneurs, both New and Host entrepreneurs to team-up, innovate and explore new markets.
For further information, please contact:
Brigitte Tanti on [email protected]
Nathalie Adamson / [email protected]